Beating Stress and Anxiety
Overcoming Debilitating Worry
Stress is frequently termed ‘the silent killer’. The truth is that a certain amount of stress in life is perfectly natural – its purpose is to help us overcome danger in our environment, such as escaping from or fighting a threat. This is the so called “fight or flight” response.
It becomes a problem when we are stressed for too long or in situations which do not require you to run or fight. Too much stress or anxiety over a sustained period is detrimental for your health.
What are the Symptoms of Stress and Anxiety?
Stress and anxiety can cause a range of physical and mental symptoms – some common examples are:
- Inability to sleep (Insomnia)
- Sweaty palms
- Feeling faint
- Hyperventilation (Fast or erratic breathing)
- Lack of appetite (sometimes increased appetite or ‘comfort eating’)
- Loss of sex drive
- Inability to concentrate, a lack of focus or confusion
- Failing to achieve simple tasks or find relief in previously pleasurable activities
- Panic attacks (Feeling completely overwhelmed, fainting &/or fear that you might be dying or having a heart attack)
How Can I Help You
Control Stress and Anxiety?
Together we will explore your current and past personal/ work/ relationship/ life circumstances to establish what is triggering your stress or anxiety.
I will evaluate your learning style and ascertain how well you would respond to hypnosis or a more suitable integrative approach. This strategy ensures that the therapy is tailored especially for you.
During our sessions I will help you to:
• Take positive control of your stress •
• Minimise or eliminate the effects of anxiety •
• Enable you to tackle your stress on your own and without fear •
• Provide you with the resources (Self help recordings, sometimes recorded for you especially ) •
• Maintain contact with you to review your progress •